Monday, November 23, 2009

November...a Month of Quiet Gratefulness

November 2009 has been a month of quiet gratefulness for me. It has been a chance to catch my breath, to host small, intimate classes, to explore my need for rest, spirit, and connection to others.

My parents and family have been talking to me lately about the transition my parents are going through, mostly due to some changes in health recently. I hear all sides, but I'm not really there, so the feeling of powerlessness arises that can really drain the energies, if not worked on. I know that there is little I can do other than to offer comfort. Health issues due to aging can be the hardest ones, since you assume that the trend is towards eventually transitioning from the earth plane to the other side. I have also had some health issues this month that have forced me to rest, reconnect with my home, puppies, and breathing...slowly, in and out, in and out, filling with the life-giving air and letting the old air go.

I now have a "wi-fi" connection that lets me blog at Panera and this feels very 21st century, very hi-tech, very "connected". But am I really connected OR am I sharinng a space with others who are connecting to their own worlds? We share coffee and bagels, I watch an old man adjust his pants in front of me, the fire is burning, someone next to me fiddles with his bills, another man is watching a movie, someone else is reading a book. Are we really connected here? We have the semblance of being "together" but we aren't interacting with one another at all.

With Reiki, I try to help my students to truly connect with themselves and others. Connection in this case means touch, energy, questioning and sharing impressions, and "holding space" for another's healing process. Even in someone who is presumably healthy, there is room for healing, a movement back to increased wholeness.

I had asked my guides whether November was going to be a good month and received the message that December would be wonderful...such is the case with rest: it's needed, but doesn't seem to fill the coffers. I was a bit freaked out that I had such quiet this month, but now I see that I have been given a gift, the chance to see how things have evolved while I was too busy to pay attention fully to them. What I see is that I need to make room for the earth and daily maintenance tasks as I quest for greater and greater energy experiences. I need to do the laundry, shop for and fix meals, pay the bills, clean the house, take care of the dogs, etc. When I don't do these things for awhile, they feel like they mount up in an overwhelming mound of stuff that I feel is too much to handle. I just need to do a bit every day and let go of the worrying.

This Thursday, when I join Ridgely and Amy at their Thanksgiving dinner, I will invite my spirits and friends energetically to join us in thanking our creator for the opportunity to see how things have evolved while we were busy doing other things. Thanks for the time to find stillness once again.

No comments: