Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Second blizzard of February 2010

It's February 10, 2010, two feet of snow are in development in Maryland with about 18 inches on the ground so far. Yesterday, my Dad called me from Minnesota to tease, "is this the guy who moved South to avoid the snow?"

I have several pictures on my cellphone, but am not particularly technical, so for this posting you probably won't see them. Suffice it to say that our beagles, Lucy and Toby, aren't tall enough to walk through it without jumping up, and they are 13" and 15" respectively.

Steve is listening to Scarecrow and Mrs. King on his computer; our wi-fi network, newly-installed the day before the storm, is working fine...

One of my clients called me today looking for a remote session. Reiki and other methods have this available to help people with or without a telephone intermediary. I am thinking seriously about doing more remotes, or distant reiki, as they are usually called, to keep my practice thriving when clients can't get out. If the weather is indeed changing as Healing Angel Michael talked about in my last post, it may be time for Reiki Masters to develop better ways of teaching and healing distantly, with a quality training technology that lets people be interactive at a distance as well as hands-on.

Steve and I have not done much towards our move to Colorado in the past couple of months. So, spirit brings Colorado snows to us. Looking at the snow, I am thinking I will need to get more comfortable with my Yin energy, the energy of receiving, listening, meditating, being quiet and attracting. Living in the Washington, DC metro area for so long (26 years at last count), I have gotten very good at being "productive". I put the word in quotes because I refer to the action of being active, rather than necessarily being effective. If you are doing activity that is what is important in this area, even if the activity doesn't seem to do much for you. People here work till they drop and then they collapse into zombies watching television or taking sleep meds to quiet their minds for five hours to try to fill up a bit before doing it all again.

I am changing my pattern now. I am regularly meditating, asking spirit to show me, rather than telling spirit to direct me. I am working towards a pattern of health, rather than recreating a pattern of chronic illness as so many of my clients have. I am looking at causes that may go back to many past lifetimes where I died from lung ailments. In this lifetime, when my own lungs seem to be very tight, that is the very time I need to look at my life.

I don't know if this entry is very inspirational or just the ramblings of someone caught in the snow. Either way, it feels really good to sit in a comfortable chair, hearing the roar of the wind outside with a warm beagle lying next to me with her head on my leg. Right now, we have power, we have had eggs in the basket for breakfast and Earl Grey tea, we are safe, warm and loved. Right now is the most important time for us to live. Right now is the eternal time in which all life really happens.

No comments: