Friday, June 04, 2010

Retreats: Good for the Soul



We just returned from Sedona, Arizona, where RCGW hosted a Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki Master/Teacher workshop. Conventional wisdom seems to be lately that people just want the basic facts, that they don't want to pay for the "fluffy" things such as scenery, meals and lodging. Sedona convinced me once again that a place and an experience are far superior than just the foundational "facts." Left is of Cathedral Rock, where we did an attunement.


I don't think it's a coincidence that Mikao Usui, the founder of the Usui System of Natural Healing (aka Reiki in the US) went to a mountain when he decided he needed a place to connect. I know that we can connect to any place on the earth from any other place (that's the principle we learn in Reiki II classes), but, to my mind, there is really something special about being in an energy vortex and having a learning experience while you're there.
I return to the DC area and realize that my spirit is coming back to the joyful level it was at the last time I was in Arizona...that was five years ago and way to long!
We went to three vortexes as part of the class (Airport Mesa, Cathedral Rock, and the Church on the Rocks) and I added another two with Terry Tindall, one of my students, the day after the class when we hiked to Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte. This view in picture two is of Bell Rock from when we were at the Church on the Rocks.


Sedona in May is a beautiful time: the wildflowers are blooming, the temps are variable, the skies are clear and there aren't gobs of people. It felt so good to breathe the fresh air, walk in the sunshine, and experience the joy of beauty in nature, combined with spirit...and a bit of shopping.

Congrats to Terrence Tindall, Marcia Thomas, and Iris Yu, who completed the workshop and are now SSR Master/Teachers. Mike Hilwig completed through Facet VI and is now an SSR VI Practitioner. I will be returning to complete his training in September 2010...stay tuned for the dates which will most likely be along with an SSR I-II class the last weekend in September.




No comments: