Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Boulder, Colorado Summary

Well, it's been a couple of months since I last had an entry in the blog. During this time, I have been teaching and working, trying to make time to get ready to travel to Boulder.

We left on June 12 and arrived at Denver International to tornado warnings. We arrived in the Boulder valley to a "hail" of hailstones, most about 2 inches in diameter. But the sun was also shining and the greenness of the mountains and trees beckoned, seeming to say welcome.

The first night, I received a tibetan bowl sound healing with Sri, a Nepalese man who was in Boulder briefly. This was at a store called Old Tibet on Pearl Street, near the Pearl Street mall, about a mile from the University of Colorado. I had really only been in the city two hours and immediately I was drawn into a healing from a soul that I felt I had already known and worked with. I knew then that things would be different from other places I have visited. This was a real place where mystical awakenings happen surrounded by absolutely the most beautiful natural spaces I have ever encountered.

The next day, Steve and I went to the Solstice Center on 302 Pearl Street where we had rented the Lotus Room to give a Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki I-II class to two students, Cathy and Andy Barton, newlyweds from New Castle, Colorado. They had only recently done Reiki I training and found the class a very powerful opening to their sensitivity to the reiki energy. We had wonderful Italian food with them for lunch on the first day and on the second day went to the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse, a miraculous wooden structure built in Tajikistan and shipped and reassembled in Boulder. Wonderful teas and a space that has no description that can give it justice.

Since the class, Steve and I have been dining out, walking, driving up into the mountains, meeting with a new Reiki Master friend named Deborah who moved to Boulder four years ago from Takoma Park, MD, and today went with Marie, our new Real Estate agent to see some houses in Louisville, Lafayette, Niwot, and Longmont (all of them a bit east of Boulder, since our Reiki dollars don't seem to stretch into the city right now).

I think we are moving here/here being Boulder, since I'm sitting at our hotel right now. It feels strange to say it...I love the DC area and have deep roots there, but feel like home is moving west.

No comments: