Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home

I arrived home on Friday, filling my time with the Reiki sessions for those I had rescheduled to help pack my parents and a HUGE Usui Reiki II class on Saturday and Sunday, March 13-14.

It had been a long time since I taught such a large class and it was a pleasure to co-teach it with my colleague and student, Reiki Master/Teacher Lu(cille) Shifrin. Lu prefers Lu to Lucille, but I'm reminded that Lucille means light and she was indeed a light for me.

I see that the path Reiki has built for me is one of light, one of connection, focus, and harmony, very much unlike the past week. Indeed, in the teaching of Usui Reiki II, we focus on these themes by working with symbols borrowed from Tibetan Buddhism to represent individual energies used in healing. I have chosen a path very different from the one my family has chosen; I seem to be less affected by losing material goods. I guess this is true because I'm more focused on spiritual ones that are harder to lose. This isn't a judgement (or maybe it is) of my family's own values, just a comparison of how my home is here versus my home in Minnesota.

I really do love what I do, even with missed appointments, up and down finances at times, the uncertainty of self-employment; I love to be in an atmosphere of growth, transformation, and a release of pain.

Thanks to the following students who joined us this past weekend:

  • Randi Altman
  • Summer Stevenson
  • Carrie Williams
  • Rebecca M
  • Dan Hitchcock
  • Linda Arvin
  • Melissa Arvin
  • Ida Kingsberry
  • Irene Boone
  • Andrew Johnson

Lu Shifrin has now completed her RCGW Certification to teach Usui Reiki I and II classes here at the center and will be teaching an already full Usui Reiki II class the first weekend in May. I am so grateful that she adds her strength to RCGW's. I also want to thank Krystal Jordan for her assistance in leading our two RCGW Reiki Student Clinics this past week while I was away. I am so lucky to have these souls of light in my life!

No comments: